Celestron XLT150R 6" achro refractor F5

2513 Imported from a malfunctioning feed
edited May 22 in Classified RSS Feeds
For Sale

For sale is a Celestron XLT150 6" achro refractor F5/750mm focal length. Scope is in excellent condition no dents or scratches on the tube, dew shield has one (small) round blemish covered with paint. Optics are super clean, this lens is the better of two XLT 150Rs I've owned, actually quite good given the fast focal ratio. While the scope can handle up to 150x with a mild minus violet or yellow filter, the lens is capable of more... I've experimented with imaging just to push the envelope, see photo of Jupiter captured in 2018.

For the quoted price below, I am selling this package with a black 1.25" Synta rack and pinion focuser. The original white adapter plate for a 2" focuser was replaced with a black adapter plate for an 86.5mm focuser body. I believe this plate will also fit GSO crayford focusers if you want to upgrade later. The original 2" Synta focuser was frankly terrible, I tried to "tune" the mechanism but it was a lost cause. Since binoviewing is what I've mainly used this scope for, I needed to increase backfocus so the binoviewer could focus without an OCA (corrector) lens. The flat plate and 1.25" focuser has allowed me to reach BV focus with eyepieces of 23mm and longer focal length.

This includes optical tube, rings, vixen dovetail, diagonal, 6/30 finder, T-thread adapter tube, handle with mounting plate. Mount and eyepiece are not included. This package will weigh about 20 pounds, shipped from zip 87501.

Price is $450 (or Best Offer), seller will split shipping costs and Paypal fee with the buyer to CONUS only.

$450.00