GSO 8-inch Classical Cassegrain with JMI hardcase

2513 Imported from a malfunctioning feed
edited May 7 in Classified RSS Feeds
For Sale

Virtually new, used twice, GSO 8-inch f/12 Classical Cassegrain reflector. 2436 mm focal length yields high magnification views of any celestial object. This telescope beats any 8-inch Newtonian as it is lighter (under 20 pounds), has a much shorter tube but longer focal length, has less coma, and on an equatorial mount the eyepiece is always easy to reach. Can be used standing or seated depending on the height of your mount.

Unlike a Schmidt Cassegrain, this telescope has no corrector plate, so dew is not a major concern. Plus since it has a focuser, the primary mirror doesn't shift the image like a Schmidt Cassegrain. And the views are much crisper like a Newtonian, less the coma.

Can be used on any equatorial mount with either Vixen style or Losmandy style dovetail plates.

Included: Optical Tube assembly, tube cover, a GSO two speed focuser, one 2-inch extension ring, two 1-inch extension rings, two-dovetail plates, Vixen style and Losmandy style dovetail plates, and an installed finderscope base. Plus I am throwing in a good condition (used) padded JMI hard case (see photo - cat not included, my daughter would not part with her, but me on the otherhand.....).

All together $1300 value. Your cost $800 plus paypal. Prefer pickup (could meet with 100 miles of Peoria IL) but could ship (buyer pays shipping).

Not included: diagonal, eyepieces, finderscope or mount

Photos of moon and M13 taken with a Canon T3i attached to the telescope.

$800.00